Many of us live our lives surrounded by technology, screens, lights, computers, and machines. We live in cities filled with people where trees are only those plants that grow in small holes in the concrete or where the constant city lights keep us from even seeing the stars at night.
We may occasionally visit the city parks with their manicured gardens, cleanly mowed meadows, concrete walkways, and modern art sculptures. These parks do offer a bit of the wonder of nature in a concrete world, but they are only vague reflections of the true beauty and vastness of nature.
Or you may live among the country fields and forests, but you are so busy with your modern lives that you only experience nature in your drives to and from work.
In either case, it is important to take time away from the modern world and immerse yourself in the natural environment to connect to the part of you that is intertwined with nature in ways that only being there will show you.
Nature, a Great Place to Retreat
Escaping into nature every once in a while is one of the best ways to reconnect yourself, shift your mindset towards positivity, build mental strength, and even become physically and spiritually healthier.
In a nature retreat, you can take time to disconnect and destress. You can have time to reset and rejuvenate your senses. You can take time to take stock and reflect on what’s important in your life.
A retreat to nature is instinctive for most of us, usually as a healing antidote to everyday stress. Whether that be:
- feeding your soul with calm and quiet
- protecting your mental state by disconnecting from the daily humdrum
- stretching your legs and re-energizing your body
- catching up with loved ones and reconnecting with family
Although taking time to leave the world you live in and retreat to nature for a short hike through the forest is always worth the time and effort, there are times when you should take time and go to a place where you can completely lose yourself for several days.
Although the ultimate back-to-nature getaway is to carry your backpack out into the wilderness and camp, fortunately, if that is not for you, there are places where you can immerse yourself in nature yet still enjoy the comfort of a nice bed, clean showers, and hot food.
To meet your goal of taking a retreat to nature and still enjoying modern comforts, consider booking a trip to Tekoa Retreats near Asheville, NC.
Ways a Nature Retreat Can Benefit Your Well-Being
As human beings, we are just a part of nature as the natural world around us. We tend to forget that as we live lives that take us further away from the natural world around us. Humans were meant to be an integral part of nature; therefore, the benefits of retreating away from the unnatural world and to nature are plentiful.
A nature retreat can benefit you in many ways:
- Heal your body and soul. One of the key reasons why you want to make nature escapades a regular part of your life is because the peace and tranquility that await you in the great outdoors is perfect for healing your body and soul.
- Reduce or even banish stress in your life. While on your retreat, spend quiet time just sitting by a stream or under a giant oak tree or mountain overlook, and let nature take your stress away.
- Gives a fresh perspective on life. When you’re surrounded by beautiful natural sceneries and that distinct peaceful feeling as you’re gazing into the distance, everything seems to gain a new perspective.
- Open your world to new adventures. Look for all the wonderful activities that are available to you, such as hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, bird watching, or just sitting by yourself by a lake.
- Connect you to the natural world. You will rekindle that relationship with nature that is within every human being. It takes more than one road trip to regain that deep intrinsic feeling of belonging, but after a couple of trips, you will notice that nature is making you a more positive and peaceful human being.
Living in the modern era, many of us have lost the deep connection with nature that is essential for our health and happiness. However, we can gain that connection back by taking periodic retreats to nature. These trips can be a one-day adventure to a nearby hiking trail, a multi day trip to a retreat center, or an overnight camping trip.
Tekoa Retreats Is the Destination for a Nature Retreat
Western North Carolina is the perfect location to go to for your nature retreat because of all of the natural wonders to explore, as well as the many exciting attractions located throughout the region. There are many retreat camps in the region; however, Tekoa Retreats in Hendersonville has all you need for your next retreat event.
There's no better place for a retreat than in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Tekoa Retreats is the place for Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, and Sharing the Light of Christ! Let us host your next group retreat, picnic, school or community function, college or youth retreat.
Tekoa Retreats is located at 211 Thomas Rd. Hendersonville, NC 28739. Our phone number is 828-692-6516. If you are interested in finding out if Tekoa Retreats is the perfect place for your next retreat, contact us or visit our website.