Retreats are a very important activity utilized by ministries, nonprofits, and businesses that offer unique and exciting opportunities for team cohesiveness, development, and relaxation. People can experience the wonders of God’s creation and develop closer relationships with God and their peers. They can escape the stresses of everyday life and immerse themselves in activities tailored specifically for their age group.
Even if you have scheduled the perfect retreat for your group, if the location of the retreat itself is subpar, then the retreat could be less than anticipated. It is very important that you select a location that has the amenities and experiences that you wish to meet your objectives for your specific group.
The well-being of the members of your team or ministry can benefit greatly from a retreat. You are allowing the members of your group or ministry to reconnect and form closer bonds by taking them out of their usual environment and placing them in a new setting. You should therefore ensure that the retreat center's setting is ideal for your retreat's objectives.
The retreat center you pick will have a big impact on the success of your retreat, so be sure to do your research and ask the proper questions. If you are interested in finding out if Tekoa Retreats is the perfect place for your next retreat, contact us or visit our website.
Choosing the Right Retreat Center
It is important that you select the right retreat center to meet your needs. The following criteria can be utilized to ensure that you choose a retreat center.
- Location: Select a retreat center in a location that your team will be excited about traveling to.
- Guest Needs: The retreat center should offer the facilities that you need to carry out your training, with adequate meeting rooms and up-to-date equipment.
- Accommodation/Lodging: For your retreat to be successful, the accommodations must be adequate to your needs.
- Things to do/Activities: The retreat should not be all work. Select a location surrounded by adventures.
- Budget: As with anything you do, you must select a retreat center that fits your budget.
- Staff and Resources: You should check ahead of time and ensure that the retreat center you choose is properly staffed.
- Meals: Good food creates happy campers, so make sure the meal facilities are what you need.
- Handicap Capabilities: Ensure that the retreat has the necessary handicap capabilities to meet your team's needs.
Choose Tekoa Retreats for Your Next Retreat in Western North Carolina
Western North Carolina is the perfect location to go to for your retreat because of all of the natural wonders to explore, as well as the many exciting attractions located throughout the region. There are many retreat centers in the region; however, Tekoa Retreats in Hendersonville has all you need for your next retreat.
Tekoa Retreats Is the Perfect Retreat Venue in Western North Carolina
Tekoa Retreats is a summer camp and conference center located in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, near Hendersonville. Tekoa is owned and operated by the Western NC Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Tekoa Retreats offers a wide variety of summer overnight, adventure, and day camps for boys and girls. These include elementary day camps, mini camps, and overnight camps for elementary, middle school, and high school students. Tekoa also offers adventure camps for middle and high school students.
Tekoa Retreats Accommodations and Adventures in North Carolina
Tekoa Retreats offers a beautiful, forested campus surrounding a three-acre lake. The accommodations include secluded cabins, lodges, and a dining hall with a capacity of 350 people.
The property is loaded with fun outdoor adventures, including the high ropes course, bouldering wall, lake zipline, disc golf course, basketball courts, and hiking trails.
There's no better place for a retreat than in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Tekoa Retreats is the place for Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, and Sharing the Light of Christ! Let us host your next group retreat, picnic, school or community function, college or youth retreat.
Tekoa Retreats is located at 211 Thomas Rd. Hendersonville, NC 287139. Our phone number is 828-692-6516. If you are interested in finding out if Tekoa Retreats is the perfect place for your next retreat, contact us or visit our website.