The region is the perfect location to go to for your organization retreat because of all of the natural wonders to explore, as well as the many exciting attractions located throughout the region. There are many retreat camps in the region; however, Tekoa Retreats in Hendersonville has all you need for your next retreat event.
As you decide on where to take your next retreat for your organization, it is important that you fully understand the different facilities available. Tekoa Retreats in Hendersonville, NC, offers a full range of facilities to meet your needs, as summarized in this article.
Breakdown of Tekoa Retreats Facilities
Tekoa Retreats is a summer camp and conference center located in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, near Hendersonville. Tekoa Retreats is owned and operated by the Western NC Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Tekoa Retreats offers a wide variety of summer overnight, adventure, and day camps for boys and girls. These include elementary day camps, mini camps, and overnight camps for elementary, middle school, and high school students. Tekoa also offers adventure camps for middle and high school students.
Our mission is "Touching hearts, changing lives, sharing the light of Christ" and our camps encompass that mission statement in all that we do.
Tekoa Retreats Group Area Facilities
Tekoa Retreats has a full range of group areas to meet your retreat needs.
- Laurel Back Porch is one of the most popular spots in camp. Enjoy a cool fall day sitting in the rocking chairs. Or hold a small campfire for your group. Seats sixty.
- Laurel Main is a great space for your group to meet together, have a fire, or play games. It seats seventy-five.
- Near the headwater springs of Camp Tekoa Lake, you will find our beautiful Chapel in the Woods. It is nestled in between two streams and provides solitude for worship. The chapel seats one hundred.
- The cozy Camp Tekoa dining hall seats one hundred and eighty people. It is equipped with industrial coffee and tea makers, portable tables, and classic wooden chairs. The dining hall can be set in any number of ways and will be a home away from home for your retreat group.
- Our beautiful Open-Air Pavilion is attached to the Dining Hall and is an ideal space for worship, campfires, S'More parties, and active games.
- Our commercial-sized kitchen is complete with propane stove, two convection ovens, warmers, Hobart Sanitizer and dishwashing station, and two large industrial sinks. Food service is available for a minimum of seventy-five people. The dining hall seats one hundred and eighty-five people.
- The campfire circle is a large part of the rich history of Tekoa. It is a great meeting spot for songs, worship, S'mores, and more. It seats two hundred and fifty people and is close to the main camp, overlooking our lake area.
Tekoa Retreats Program and Recreational Facilities
Tekoa Retreats has a full range of outdoor adventures waiting for you.
- The Big Zip begins on a tower forty-five feet in the air nestled in our meadow. The view overlooks the surrounding mountains. Participants then zip up the mountain to a gravity stop over four hundred feet away.
- Bungo Ball! It is a crazy sport that mixes dodgeball and handball. No kicking allowed! Play in our outdoor court next to the activity field.
- The forty-foot high ropes course will challenge participants with personal growth and adventure! Climb up staples to the course, cross over the pirate's crossing, hop over the plank walk, maneuver through the Charlie Chaplin, and then attempt the jungle swings.
- The seventy-foot giant swing is the last element in our high ropes course. Participants start forty-five feet in the air and then swing out and back seventy feet through the trees.
- Ninja Cave This unique climbing feature offers grips on walls and the roof!
- The Lake Zipline is one of our most popular activities! Participants will start in the wooded shoreline and then zip out over our lake.
- The Low Elements Challenge Course offers a variety of activities. These elements will challenge your group with problems and situations that require teamwork to accomplish.
- Climb thirty-five feet into a beautiful Tulip Poplar overlooking the mountains. Our Tree Climb is a great activity for younger children.
- Activity Field
- Outdoor basketball court and covered rainy day pavilion.
- Our three-acre spring-fed lake offers many options for adventure! Swim in the shallow end, dive off the high dive, or slip down the slide! You can also book our rope swing, canoes, or paddle boats.
- Tekoa Retreats has a professional nine-hole disc golf course spanning over five acres. Holes range in difficulty but are tightly wooded and challenging. All holes are short enough for the beginner but challenging enough for the advanced player.
- We have plenty of hiking on-site. You can hike our outer campsite loop, take a stroll around the lake, enjoy the challenge of the Eagle trail, or contemplatively stroll through our meditation trail.
Tekoa Retreats Accommodations Facilities
Tekoa Retreats is a three-hundred-fifty-four-bed retreat center. The accommodations include fifteen separate cabins and two bathhouses. The cabins are scattered in beautifully forested landscapes that are all easily accessible to the group facilities.
The cabins range in size from eleven to sixty-four beds with bathrooms and showers in each room. Typically a room in a cabin will sleep from five to twelve individuals.
If your group is small, then consider only utilizing one of the smaller cabins, such as the Little, Holly, Dogwood, or Locust, which sleeps from eleven to sixteen individuals. Or you can rent the sixty-four-bed Cedar cabin or a combination of cabins depending on the size of a larger group. The Tekoa Retreats staff can assist you with selecting the cabins that best suit the needs of your group.
Tekoa Retreats Facilities in Western North Carolina
Tekoa Retreats offers a beautiful, forested campus surrounding a three-acre lake. The accommodations include secluded cabins, lodges, and a dining hall with a capacity of three hundred and fifty-four people.
The property is loaded with fun outdoor adventures, including the high ropes course, bouldering wall, lake zipline, disc golf course, basketball courts, and hiking trails.
There's no better place for a retreat than in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Tekoa Retreats is the place for Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, and Sharing the Light of Christ! Let us host your next group retreat, picnic, school or community function, college or youth retreat.
Tekoa Retreats is located at 211 Thomas Rd. Hendersonville, NC 287139. Our phone number is 828-692-6516. If you are interested in finding out if Tekoa Retreats is the perfect place for your next retreat, contact us or visit our website.