Pastors and church leaders spend countless hours trying to find ways to help their congregations facilitate community. From planning events to engineering small groups, you know how important it is for your people to live life together. One of the best ways you can help jump-start that feeling of fellowship and community is by planning a church retreat.
In order to have a great church retreat, you have to choose the perfect location. Some of the characteristics of the right church retreat location include:
- Somewhere beautiful enough to remind participants to connect with their Creator.
- Somewhere that has enough to do to keep people from being bored.
- Somewhere that has the right facilities to accommodate your meeting times.
- Somewhere with lodging that is comfortable and will not detract from the experience.
- Somewhere that people will remember.
Tekoa Retreats is the perfect retreat facility in western North Carolina. Here’s what you need to know about western North Carolina retreats at Tekoa.
Why Choose Western North Carolina for Your Retreat
There Is Not a Bad Time to Visit Western North Carolina
Western North Carolina has some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. We have the tallest mountains on the East Coast, with many exceeding 6,000 feet in elevation. With each passing season, the mountains and valleys take on a new appearance.
In the spring, the austere, cryptic grays of winter give way to brilliant pinks and yellows. Summer's lush greens give way to the vibrant autumn hues that have made our region famous around the world. You can’t go wrong any time of the year in western North Carolina.
There Is Plenty to Do in Western North Carolina
The mountains, valleys, rivers, and waterfalls that give western North Carolina its unrivaled beauty also provide a plethora of outdoor recreation opportunities. You can enjoy the great outdoors in a variety of ways, including:
- Hiking mountaintops or to one of the many waterfalls in the region
- Mountain biking on some of the best trails in North Carolina
- Whitewater rafting, boating, kayaking, tubing, and fly fishing on the French Broad and Nantahala Rivers
- Taking a drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Listening to the sounds of nature from your Tekoa Retreats cabin
Tekoa Retreats Is Near Many Metropolitan Areas
Tekoa Retreats is relatively close to many large metropolitan areas:
- Tekoa Retreats is just forty-five minutes from Greenville, SC.
- Tekoa Retreats is about an hour and a half from Hickory, NC.
- Tekoa Retreats is just two hours from Charlotte, NC.
- Tekoa Retreats is about two and a half hours from Winston-Salem and the Triad.
- Tekoa Retreats is just over four hours from Raleigh and the Triangle.
Tekoa Retreats Has the Perfect Western North Carolina Church Retreat Facilities
Tekoa Retreats has everything you'll need for your next retreat! Camp Tekoa is the ideal location for your gathering, with an abundance of on-site activities and endless off-site options.
Our lakefront rope swing, multiple zip lines, and 40-foot climbing tower are sure to please. A full-size field, a three-acre lake, an open-air pavilion, and various hiking trails are all available for church retreats. We can accommodate groups of twenty to three hundred potential guests in our numerous clean and pleasant cabins and cottages.
If you are considering a church retreat in western North Carolina, Tekoa Retreats is here to provide you with the best retreat experience possible. Contact us today for more information about our facilities and to book your next church retreat.